Terms & Conditions
The management and staff welcome you to Donabate Portrane Community & Leisure Centre and hope your usage of the centre is a pleasurable one.
• Full membership includes full use of the gym, including fitness assessment and personal programme design meaning by means of a one on one meeting with an instructor and 4-6 week re-assessment and programme design. In addition members con join in a variety of free classes. Almost all classes are free to members. The exception is classes run by specialists such as Yoga, Pilates etc. Some special classes run by ourselves may incur a separate pay as you go fee such as TRX suspension training or other new type classes. These are under constant review and such information can be had from reception. Members also have free use of steam and sauna rooms along with locker and shower facilities. Best of all is constant access to our friendly and professional instructors for individual advice and encouragement throughout your membership to help you achieve your goals and to help provide a relaxed and fun atmosphere.
• Members will be required to fill out a Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire and an informed form for class participants.
• Special rates are available to couples and families. Couples must join at the same time to avail of the rate and one is nominated as the payer where the payment is by direct debit.
• Special rates apply to OAP’s.
• Special rates may from time to time be made available to the unemployed or to special needs individuals or groups. Interested persons or parties should request information from reception.
• Guest and visitors are provided access at the discretion of management and will be required to sign a visitor’s book & / fill out a physical activity readiness questionnaire.
• Hours of opening: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 7am – 10pm. Tuesday & Thursday 8am – 10pm. Saturday 10am – 6pm. Sunday 10am – 4pm.
Now for the not so small print:
• Members must swipe in using their own membership barcode provided to them. This requirement is one of the few strict rules rigidly applied. No swipe in card = no entry. AT the discretion of the management / reception team a member may be given access without their swipe in card provided he / she makes a request at reception and is entered into the computer system manually by the receptionist. If a member looses their card, a replacement may be purchased for 5 euro (subject to review)
• Misbehaviour of any kind will not be tolerated. It’s not fair to other members or to staff.
• Safety is paramount. All rules regarding Health & Safety will be strictly enforced.
• Members or visitors considered being under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be refused admission or if on the premises before their condition is apparent, will be required to leave.
• Serious and consistent breach of the rules of behaviour, H&S together with alcohol or drug abuse will result in membership cancellation without a refund.
• Memberships are not transferable.
• Membership contracts are 12 months.
• Direct Debit memberships are 12 month contract which automatically roll over to a new year. The member may of course stop this roll over to the new year by simply informing reception, in writing, that he/she does not wish to continue membership, before the current year expires. It’s as easy as that. Direct debits that are failed by the bank for whatever reason carry an administration fee which the bank passes on to the Donabate Portrane Community & Leisure Centre. In view, a 10 euro charge will be charged to the member on that occasion.
• Membership fees are non-refundable.
• As a general rule we don’t “freeze” memberships.
• The use of cameras or camera phones is strictly forbidden in the changing rooms, showers, steam rooms, sauna and toilets. The rule is at discretion of management and staff for the rest of the premises. It is required that phones are put on silent while on the premises and members / visitors who chose to answer a call do so with discretion, ideally by leaving the gym / studio.
• Non members purchasing a pay and play gym / and or class are not purchasing the right to use shower facilities, however at the discretion of management it is generally permitted. We reserve the right to revoke that at any time, without giving reason, in the interest of the members.
• Under 18’s and under 16’s generally are not permitted to use free weights or resistance machines.
• Coats and bags are not permitted on the gym floor. Members are encouraged to bring as little personal belongings as possible and to make use of lockers provided. The lockers require a lock which members may provide for themselves or purchase from reception. Lockers are for use during your workout only and no long term or overnight use is permitted. The management will remove locks from lockers used in this manor and the contents contained therein.
• Latest permitted entry to the gym is at 9.30pm. Steam and sauna rooms are switched off at 9.45pm.
• Gentlemen are requested not to enter the toilet area from changing area wearing a towel or shorts only. Leggings and T-shirts are a minimum requirement. This is in the interest of Cild Protection Policy.